Glenwood Springs – Mitchell Creek Electric Transmission Line Rebuild Project
Current and Planned Work on the Project
November 2021 Update
- Location and Extent permit applications have been submitted to the City of Glenwood Springs and Garfield County and are currently under review. Hearings for each permit application will be scheduled for a later date and hearing details will be posted to our Public Engagement page.
- Site preparation at the materials staging area located east of N Traver Trail begins the week of Nov. 8, 2021. Material delivery to the staging area east of N Traver Trail is anticipated to being the first week of December 2021.
Throughout the rebuild process, we will:
- Engage landowners and the surrounding community to provide details about the planned rebuild and address questions or concerns.
- Clear vegetation along access routes and within transmission line right-of-way.
- Determine pole locations and finalize structure design.
- Identify construction and maintenance access routes.
- Install new transmission line structures and conductor wires.
- Remove 38 existing structures and the conductor wires connecting them.
- Test and energize the rebuilt transmission line.
Learn more about our May 2021 virtual town hall.
|Anticipated Project Schedule (Subject to Change)|
|Evaluate the Project route||2019 – Winter 2020|
|Work with landowners on transmission line and access route easements||Spring 2021|
|Transmission line design and engineering||2020 – Spring 2021|
|Identify and obtain any necessary Glenwood Springs and Garfield County permits||Fall – Winter 2021|
|Site preparation and begin transmission line construction||Fall – Early 2022|
|Complete construction, restore work areas and energize line||2022|