Glenwood Springs – Mitchell Creek Electric Transmission Line Rebuild Project
Current and Planned Work on the Project
December 2021 Update
- Location and Extent permit applications have been submitted to the City of Glenwood Springs and Garfield County and are currently under review. Hearings for each permit application will take place in early 2022. Hearing details will be posted to our Public Engagement page.
- Materials have been delivered to the staging araa east of North Traver Trail in preparation for the start of construction.
- Work is anticipated to begin in spring 2022, after permit approvals, and will last approximately 4-6 months.
Throughout the rebuild process, we will:
- Engage landowners and the surrounding community to provide details about the planned rebuild and address questions or concerns.
- Clear vegetation along access routes and within transmission line right-of-way.
- Determine pole locations and finalize structure design.
- Identify construction and maintenance access routes.
- Install new transmission line structures and conductor wires.
- Remove 38 existing structures and the conductor wires connecting them.
- Test and energize the rebuilt transmission line.
Learn more about our May 2021 virtual town hall.
|Anticipated Project Schedule (Subject to Change)|
|Evaluate the Project route||2019 – Winter 2020|
|Work with landowners on transmission line and access route easements||Spring 2021|
|Transmission line design and engineering||2020 – Spring 2021|
|Identify and obtain any necessary Glenwood Springs and Garfield County permits||Fall 2021 – Early 2022|
|Site preparation and begin transmission line construction||Fall 2021 – Spring 2022|
|Complete construction, restore work areas and energize line||Late 2022|